Pakistan-Zimbabwe One-Day series proved out to be quite beneficial for the men in green after the team broke record after record in the five-match series. Although the matches were not as competitive after several Zimbabwean players withdrew themselves from the series due to their issues with the board but Pakistan team kept their professionalism going to maintain their momentum for the important upcoming events.
Here you need to know about all the records that were made in this One-Day series by the individuals and the team altogether.
- First time in One-Day Internationals, The opening pair crossed the figure of 300 runs in an innings. Imam-Fakhar built the partnership of 304 runs in the 4th One-Day International to break the 12 years old record of Jayasuria-Tharanga in which Sri-Lankan opening duo stood out at Leeds to score 286 runs.
- Fakhar Zaman became the first Pakistani player to score the double hundred in One-Day Internationals. Fakhar took only 17 innings which are the least innings took by a player to achieve this magnificent feat.
- Fakhar Zaman is now the quickest player to reach 1K runs landmark. It took him 18 innings to have his name on the top of the list.
- Fakhar Zaman became the highest run scorer of all time in a five-match bilateral series after the sensation from Mardan attained the aggregate of 515 runs in the series against Zimbabwe at their home soil.
- Hasan achieved the target of taking most no. of wickets as a fast bowler after the young Pakistani bowler took 66 wickets in his first 32 One-Day Internationals. Previously, this record was held by Mitchell McClenaghan who had a colorful start to his career when he took 64 wickets in his first 32 One-Day Internationals.
- Imam turned out to be the fastest player to score 3 centuries in One-Day Cricket. It took him only 9 innings to get the trilogy of centuries.
- Asif Ali just after his 2nd game is now the 6th fastest player to score a fifty in ODI after he played a vital role in helping Pakistan to get at their highest total of all time.
- Junaid Khan completed the century of wickets in 68 matches and overall became the 4th fastest player from Pakistan to take 100 wickets
© Getty Images
- Pakistan posted their highest total (399/1 in 50 overs) in the 4th One-Day International against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo. Previously, the highest total of the men in green in One-Day Internationals was 385/7 against Bangladesh in 2010.
- Pakistan has completed the whitewash in a bilateral series for the 20th time which is the highest no. of times a team has whitewashed any side in the ODI series (3 or 5 matches in a series).